To say I was excited to try this is an understatement. I have been on the hunt for a good self tanner for YEARS. Since skin cancer is so prevalent in our family I’ve worked hard to prevent sun damage to my skin… I wear an SPF daily and take special precautions when I’m in the sun for prolonged periods of time. I’m blonde and fair skinned… you’d think I would burn, but I don’t really… which can be even more dangerous. So long story short… I stick to a tan in a tube! TAN… not ORANGE!! Right?!
After extensive research of current products on the market, I decided that this one not only fit into my budget but reviews also boasted a rich glow! A few reviews did mention streaking or uneven spread, but I read recommendations on the St. Moriz website suggesting a mitt for application… just wait…
I’ve decided tonight that I have applied EVERY self tanner the wrong way. This mitt was a #gamechanger. If you think about it… most come in a lotion or a mousse and it’s just impossible to get it evenly distributed while you’re also stressing that your fingers are going to look like carrots. For under $7 bucks it is a SCORE… it’s washable so you can reuse and really delivered the even, streak free tan I was looking for. So without even knowing what hue this mousse was going to develop into… I was celebrating the application! Get this adorable and affordable mitt HERE on Amazon, cheaper than at Ulta!
Now let’s dive into the tan application!
- Always exfoliate before you apply any self-tanner, get a spray tan or anything… this ensures the best possible application and will even help it last longer!
- Moisturize and let it dry… completely!
- Read and RE-READ directions before applying and snap a before shot!
- Using the mitt, I used two-three pumps at a time and blended it completely before heading to a new spot. I applied sparingly to areas like the tops of my hands, feet, joints and my face.
- I let it completely dry before getting dressed again and made sure to note the time so you can track it. This formula is meant to darken gradually over 3 hours… meaning you can leave it on for the full 3 hours if you desire a darker glow or rinse earlier for a medium tan.
- After it’s ‘cooked’ for the desired time you’ll need to rinse off with lukewarm water. I just hopped in the shower and skipped the soaps or body wash.
- You’re all set!
A few things I noticed:
This self tanner didn’t smell horrible as some do… total plus! Wasn’t sticky or slimy…
Doesn’t rub off! I was worried that since the foam was dark that it would rub off on my clothes and anything else I touched during the 3 hours…. it didn’t. The foam is a chocolate brown and you can immediately see color when applying. Came in handy!
Overall I definitely recommend St. Moriz Fast Tanning Mousse… don’t skip the mitt! Easy application, great color, quality product and wonderfully priced!
Let me know if you try it!!! Time to get #summerready!!